Thursday, May 13, 2010

When will Blu-Ray cases drop the blue color?

When will Blu-Ray movies stop having that horrible blue color to the case?





I think it ruins the artwork of many titles and it's one of the reasons I'm still holding back. I don't want to start my collection with these cases only to have them re-released sometime down the road in a much cooler case. This is like having snap cases compared to keep cases.When will Blu-Ray cases drop the blue color?
The blue is there to visually distinguish them from DVDs. The case sizes differ as well, but as long as DVDs are still around the Blu-ray case must have a distinct appearance so grandma doesn't buy the wrong version.





Personally, I don't mind. It seems a bit unusual that someone would ignore the brilliant resolution of Blu-ray just because the box they come in is a little tacky. The case just holds the disc. The brilliance is inside it.When will Blu-Ray cases drop the blue color?
Okay, you're ';holding off'; on starting your collection because the cases are blue? And these people are the idiots?!





[[';Now go back to buying your fullscreen DVDs since they fill the whole screen so you're obviously getting more...';]]





The only reason you even TRY to use this as an insult is because you just figured this out yourself.





--------------------------------------鈥?br>




For one, you're stating assumptions as fact, so I just did the same. You don't KNOW that they're going to drop the blue case design (in fact, I doubt they will). You ASSUME that the people here don't know the difference between wide and full-screen DVDs. And, you make a generalized statement based on a couple of (admittedly stupid) answers you've received.





Being that I'm a part of that generalization, if you toss insults my way, I'm going to shoot some right back at you. You get a couple of ';off'; answers and suddenly get a little attitude. Unfortunately, it's contagious and you're just going to get attitude right back.





Back to the question at hand... I, personally, have seen no indication that the packaging style will be changed in the near future - if at all. I actually like the blue case design. I have a fairly large collection so far. Should they change it, opening my case to view my mismatched collection may not maintain its aesthetic appearance.
As of now, there's no news on a new design for the case cover. I believe the reason being for the blue color is to grab consumers attention. Since they're still trying to attract first time buyers, they want to make sure that people see it. It's marketing. Eventually, they'll clean up the look.
They are not gonna change the blue covered cases. Blu ray is blue because its a blue laser reading the disc... Its not gonna be red or green or another color because it wont make any sense to change it.
I think it makes it easy to pick the br,s from regular ones.
The reason for the ';blue'; is that the laser that is used is blue. Its not a gimmick or anything else. The blue laser that used in the Blu-Ray was developed in the 90's with an originally ten thousand dollars plus. When it was introduced in to the open market it was selling for $1000 in 2006 and now it is down to $250 area.

No comments:

Post a Comment